Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

New Addition

Go down

New Addition

Post by Warley on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:18 am

I forgot to post this earlier. Paul and I will be having a new addition to the household next year. This will of course be in the form of a Rabbit and not a child (I don't do children!). One of my colleagues at work has found out she is due to have a baby in January and she now needs to find a new home for her house rabbit Smudge. He will be coming to live with us in the New Year.

He's not been neutered as yet but he will be off for the snip soon after coming to his new home. I will then probably be looking for a little lady to go with him so keep me in mind if any come up Very Happy
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: New Addition

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Oh my God Archie will think all his birthday's has come at once. Coco will be just as keen, are you trying to get the pair of them to demolish the house in the 'Who can get the bunny first' race. Beware, house bunnies chew everything, i'm sure Angie can tell you that!

Enjoy Smudge, i'm sure you'll all live happily together and don't forget the pictures when he arrives (says me who still has a camera full and can't be botherered - Yes Benson i know!) Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:32 am

To be honest Archie is a bit of a wimp - don't let the size fool you. He is controlled by a couple of cats! Our neighbours cat only has to look at him and he retreats to safety. Also Coco is such a small cat the bunny is almost the same size as her. I don't think she willl be that bothered - I was watching her try to stalk a bird the other day. She hasn't got a chance in hell at catching anything if thats how she does it... bless her!

The house rabbit will be supervised at all times when hes out and about to help with the chewing. Im also going to get him a foldaway run for the garden for when its nice outside. Smile
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:49 am

It is my sad duty to report that our new addition will no longer be coming to stay with us. He sadly passed away last night from old age.

Sleep tight Smudge Crying or Very sad
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:46 pm

oh the poor old boy and you were so looking forward to it too! Maybe you can offer some other poor desperate sole a home when the need arises, Angies always got plenty of deserving cases.

Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: