Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

BARC Re-Launch

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BARC Re-Launch

Post by john_hanson on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Yesterday, myself and Julie had a meeting with our latest volunteer Lauren who is a professional fundraiser. She's very kindly offered her services to us, and would like some ideas regarding the direction that BARC is going, and our public profile. Her intention is to re-launch BARC, and get us the attention and support that WE all know we deserve. She rightly pointed out that this is a fantastic cause with lots of dedicated people prepared to give us their time. All we need now is a little uniformity in our public image before we push ourselves even further in to the big wide world.

So, with all this in mind... Please could everyone and anyone make some suggestions. Tell us what you would like to see happen with BARC in the future. What direction do you think we should go? What image do you think we should present to the world? What fantastic new ways can we raise awareness of our wonderful charity?

First job on the list of suggestions that Lauren made was a new logo. Our existing one could definitely be improved upon, although I think something completely new is in order. If we can get some ideas together, I have a graphic designer on tap ready to mock up some samples. So please guys, NOW is the time. Speak up!

Thanks - JOHN
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-03

http://www.johnhansonphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BARC Re-Launch

Post by Angie on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:02 pm

if we are to have a new logo i think it should be something to get across the message that its not just dogs that BARC rescues ... the other animals ...cats rabbits guinea pigs birds etc are also important ..

i know a logo needs to be simple but i feel it should encompass everything .

Angie

Angie

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by john_hanson on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:53 pm

A very good point Angie. Do you have any suggestions?
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:35 pm

errrm ...no Shocked pale Embarassed sorry Embarassed

Angie

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:01 am

well said John.

Anyone wishing to be involved in this new venture can contact me directly at

sean.benson@sky.com

all interest will be greatly received!

Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:08 am

For the new logo i think an Ark would be would be a good idea as we have an avery and a wildlife section as well as the domestic cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and the occasional Chinchilla's. Also B ARC get it, isn't that clever for me!! sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:15 am

WOW IMPRESSIVE!!!

Any advance on that. Might even be a small prize for the best idea.

NOT YOU TOUGH DRABBLE!

Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:12 pm

The idea of a new logo sounds great. Also, how about amending the website slightly so that dogs available for adoption go into the dog section, cats into the cats section etc instead of them all under the photo's section.

Im not too sure if new owners receive anything at the moment but how about putting together an adoption pack. Maybe contact the main pet food companies (Pedigree, Whiskas and Supreme) for a supply of free samples.
The adoption pack could also have leaflets on pet insurance and general pet care etc. How to deal with common pet problems, fleas, worms, ticks, flystrike etc.

This could also be a good time to launch the sponsor a pet scheme - I haven't forgotten about it but all of the details are on my computer which is
currently all in bits on our bedroom floor. Fingers crossed if all goes well I should be able to get it set-up again in the next week or so.

Im not sure if these ideas are any good. I'll keep having a think
Very Happy
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Moore on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:37 am

I think they're great ideas Warley! I'd like to discuss the sponsor a pet scheme with you a bit further - it might be a great hook for the Re launch!

In regards to the new logo, we are looking for something simple and bright, oh, and appealing! We have john's graphic designer friend who I think will be very useful to us!
If you look at other charity logos, some of them have an image to go with the name of the charity and some just have the name, but with a tagline that describes what the charity does. So guys, which do we want???

Wow, that was my first post on here! Very Happy
Lauren Moore

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 am

Good to see you here Lauren. Thanks for your input. Remeber its a jungle on here though!

We are due to have our next monthly meeting at the Rockingham Arms Wentworth 7:15pm on Tuesday 18th Aug. Everyone will be made welcome and if you would like to come along to share your thoughts and opinions we'd love to hear them.

The adoption packs, sponsorship scheme and other such ideas have been in the 'pipeline' for sometime now, they just need a boost into reality.

Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Moore on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:09 am

The 18th should be fine for me - would be nice to meet everybody! Smile
Lauren Moore

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by john_hanson on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 am

Crikey Julie, that's quite clever...

Anyone worried about the religious connotations of having an arc?

I also agree with Warley that the website needs a bit of a re-shuffle. It's not bad as it is, but as Warley mentioned, we could do with a different section for dogs, cats, rabbits & guinea pigs etc. in need or re-homing. I suspect they all got lumped in to the photo section as a stop gap.

As for whether we should have a picture or not on the logo, i'm undecided as yet. I suppose it would depend what the 'catchphrase' would be. I'll have a think about it though

albino
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Moore on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:48 am

It's called a tagline not a catchphrase! Catchphrase is something Roy Walker would be involved in!

We still could use an animal in the logo as that would lead to creating a 'mascot' that we could use at events and for promotional material.....we could name him/her too! Very Happy
Lauren Moore

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by john_hanson on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 am

Awwww but I liked the sound of a catchphrase.... We could make Sean dress up and do his best gameshow host impression.... Sad

The trouble with having an animal is, which animal do you chose? It has to be representative of everything BARC does, as Angie pointed out in response to my original post. We have to consider that in the eyes of BARC, all animals are equal, but the mascot animal would be more equal than the others ha ha

On the other hand, I can totally understand the advantage of having an animal mascot. It makes it more real, especially out and about at events. So... dillemas
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:06 am

Why not have Noah - he could sit in Julie's Ark Laughing Laughing Laughing
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by john_hanson on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:23 am

Don't encourage her... We'll never hear the end of Julie if she thinks she's been clever! haha
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by milliemoo on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 am

Hiya Guys,

before i get started just a quickie to let you know Tiny Tim is coming on leaps and bounds bless him, he loves playing with millie and they take care of each other now (i feel quite abandoned lol).

I dont normally have good ideas but i THINK this one might be .....

Could you not talk to the guys at the Barnsley Chronicle and run a competition for children and adults to come up with a new logo for B.A.R.C - that way it would not only result in a new logo but also think of the publicity!!!!!
Im not too sure on the prize - could try and talk some of the sponsors into giving like an hour at the radio station with your new patron or a day in the life of a volunteer helping at the kennels with a goody bag or even a cash prize to get the interest in which will get the publicity also - i know cash is a big thing but say 100 pounds should generate loads of interest and especially now it is school holidays!!!!
my brians kicking in now so maybe more posts to come but even if 100 is stretching it a bit a voucher for the metrodome or a theme park or their picture on your website or......you get the drift.

I had spoken to Kath Bailey to start volunteering myself for you at the kennels or at the shops at hoyland but then we rescued Tiny Tim so until he is fully settled in and trained up my time is currently taken but if you do need anything else doing that i can do from home just give me a shout!!!!

Sally
x x x
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 am

Some good idea's there Sally Very Happy
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:32 pm

just a thought on sponsorship (and forgive me if I'm posting off topic), but how about if, instead of asking people to sponsor a pet, they could be asked to sponsor a dog kennel/pen? I know some dogs are with BARC for a long time but others are only there for a few weeks - if people had a pen they could see the different dogs that passed though over a period of time. I know this might be more time consuming, but at least it would keep people's interest up... I would gladly volunteer to do more admin stuff as I don't have much time before 7pm, but plenty in the evenings once the little 'un has gone to bed.

Liz

Female
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:03 am

Some great ideas there guys thanks!

Liz We have been running tis idea for some time now and the idea of sponsoring the whole kennel is much easier but if you are interested in helping, then Karlie (WARLEY) has already made a start.

give me a ring on 07747466573 and I can exnplain but its always better to have more than less! Thank you.

Sean

Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:04 am

Is the meeting still on tonight?
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:28 am

Ive just had a thought about a new logo design. I'll try and draw it on a piece of paper so I don't forget it. The general idea is a dog in the middle with a cat and rabbit on either side (possibly in cartoon form) all either leaning on or standing behind a big BARC. Im sure we could stick a bird in there somewhere too. Im not too sure if that explains it very well but hey its an idea Smile
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 am

yes i like that. Perhaps the bird could be infront of the dogs chest?

would we all be satisfied with a cat, dog, bird and bunny in the logo??

Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:49 am

No i want a guinea pig on there too!!!!! bounce

Back to top Go down