Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

What a fortnight...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What a fortnight...

Post by Warley on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:35 am

Well what a mad couple of weeks we have had. It all started at the beginning of July when we had to move everything out of our converted cellar as it had started to flood with the rain we had. It has flooded before but we thought we had plugged all leaks – obviously not. This is where our computers are kept so now we have Paul’s computer set-up in the living room taking up a lot of space and mine is in bits on the bedroom floor :S The builders have been to rip up the bottom step to find out where the water is coming from and should be coming back this week to sort it out.

Then that same week I came home from work to find the washer drum was still spinning even thought the cycle had finished. The washer had broken and we’ve had to buy a new one Rolling Eyes .

Last week I let the dog out for his bedtime tiddle in the garden and noticed little creepy crawlies walking along the path. I put the outside light on to see what they were. To my horror we had gained, what seemed to be thousands, of maggoty pets. A fly had somehow managed to get into the bin and lay her eggs in one of the bags. Disgusting. Paul had to pour boiling water and bleach into the bin to get rid of them.

Now Coco is not feeling too well. She started coughing last week and because she is a longhaired cat I thought it was a fur ball – plus she’s been her normal happy, catty self. I’ve been feeding her tuna in sunflower oil and giving her daily doses of Katalax to try to get it moving but on Friday she started sneezing as well. Its not cat flu as she’s vaccinated but I think it is some type of infection. She’s off to the vets tomorrow night cos now she seems to be a bit down in the dumps.

Yesterday however we did have some progress with Archie. When we first started going to dog class he would have quite happily taken out any dog that came into the same field as him. He would pay no attention to the treats – he was just more interested in getting to the dog. Yesterday we managed to get him less than 2 ft away from another dog and he was more focused on the treat than the other dog Very Happy
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: What a fortnight...

Post by Sean Benson on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:17 am

sounds like trying times Karlie.

Grin and bear it, it will pass and things will start to get better soon.

These things are sent to try us and as long as we have our friends and family around us and our health thats the main thing.

keep smiling!

Smile

Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:46 pm

I can top that ten times over, but i wont go into detail, as for friends and family well i've been let down by a couple of friends of mine, a friend of 5yrs and someone i've been friends with for 24yrs, i still can't believe that.

Still i'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason, and it most definitley is their loss, just to prove that i have lots of other wonderful friends one will turn up at the kennels on Tuesday Afternoon with one of those fresh cream muffins - WON'T YA JOHN! XX

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Things are a lot better this week. We have a new washer Smile and the maggots have gone and our bin is now smelling lovely. Coco is also feeling better. We took her to the vets and they said it was more than likely a cold and that it would clear up on its own. She seemed to be a lot brighter the next day but this morning she had the biggest sneezing fit Ive ever heard. I went upstairs with a tissue to wipe her nose cos its been a bit gunked up and when I looked there was something hanging out of it. I held her steady and got some tweezers. To mine and Pauls amazement I pulled out a piece of fluffy grass which is about 2 inches long. It has been stuck down there for just over 2 weeks. She must have eaten the grass and got it stuck in her throat, then as she has coughed it has made its way up. It must have got so far and then started tickling her nasal passage which is when the sneezing started. Im pleased to say shes not sneezed anymore.
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top