Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Hi

Go down

Hi

Post by Lou on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Just thought I would introduce myself. Have been looking at the prospect of a rescue dog and noticed the lovely Ollie on your site and thought I would say hi Very Happy My daughter has a small dog but she moves out in a fortnight and I am dreading the prospect of not having a dog in my life!!!

Lou x

Lou

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Lou,
Ollie is a lovely lad, he is friendly with other dogs and is always pleasant, he is a littld timid and we really have to tempt him out of his bed to put him out in the compound for his free time. He is a little thin but not too much, nothing a bit of love and attention wont put right. Please feel free to pop along to the kennels to see Ollie, we are open for viewing between 11am and 3pm 7 days a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks Drab Smile I may just be tempted Very Happy There is nothing I can do until my daughter moves with her dog (wow gonna miss her ...and my daughter) but that should be in just over a week.

Thanks a lot, Lou x
PS I have three cats do you think that would be a problem?

Lou

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:49 am

Hi Lou,

As long as the dog you find is ok with cats you shouldn't have a problem introducing them. A cat will normally put a dog in its place anyway. We have an Akita who weighs about 9 stone and he has recently been put in his place by our neighbours rescue cat. So much so the cat only needs to look at Archie and he backs away Smile

A good tip is to get a feliway diffuser which is a little like a plug in air freshener. It sends out a pheromone, which is released by the cats mum at the time of birth and can relax the cats. If you buy it from the vets it costs around 25 but you can get it cheaper off the internet or from pet shops, its just a case of shopping around (refills are around 10-15). It will need to be plugged in approximately 2 weeks before you get the dog in the room where the cats spend most of their time. If it is plugged in for 24hrs a day 7 days a week it lasts for approximately 1 month, however, it isn't guaranteed to work on every cat.

I used one on my older cat Peggy at bonfire night as she was petrified and it really helped - it was a little like she was on drugs. It also helps one of my friends cats who is a little highly strung - she used to sit and pull her fur out but is now chilled out with the feliway. If they work they are really good and it is an option when trying to settle them all in together.

Hope this helps
Karlie

P.S - Welcome to the forum Very Happy
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks Karlie Smile Have used feliway once many moons ago on two cats and it worked a treat x

Lou

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum