Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

My job is to Assist all God's creatures

Go down

My job is to Assist all God's creatures

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 pm

A very good friend of mine who works tirelessly for Royston Animal Welfare sent me this poem, and i'd like to share it with you all, it does reflect quite a lot of what people like myself and my collegues at BARC do, that even at home we never stop working and that rescue is not all happy endings but when they are its worth it.

MY JOB IS TO ASSIST GODS CREATURES. I WAS BORN
WITH THE DRIVE TO FULFILL THEIR NEEDS. I TAKE
IN HELPLESS, UNWANTED, HOMELESS CREATURES
WITHOUT PLANNING OR SELECTION. I HAVE BOUGHT
DOG FOOD WITH MY LAST SHILLING.

I HAVE PATTED A MANGY HEAD WITH A BARE HAND, I HAVE HUGGED SOMEONE VICIOUS AND AFRAID.

I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE A THOUSAND TIMES AND I HAVE CRIED INTO THE FUR OF A LIFELESS BODY TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT.

I HAVE ANIMAL FRIENDS AND FRIENDS WHO HAVE ANIMAL FRIENDS, I DONíT OFTEN USE THE WORD ďPETĒ.

I NOTICE THOSE LOST AT THE ROADSIDE AND MY HEARTACHES.

I WILL HAND RAISE A FIELD MOUSE AND MAKE FRIENDS WITH A VULTURE. I KNOW OF NO CREATURE UNWORTHY OF MY TIME.

I WANT TO LIVE FOREVER IF THERE ARENíT ANY ANIMALS IN HEAVEN BUT I BELIEVE THERE ARE. WHY WOULD GOD MAKE SOMETHING SO PERFECT AND LEAVE IT BEHIND.

SOME MAY THINK WE ARE MASTER OF THE ANIMALS BUT THE ANIMALS HAVE MASTERED THEMSELVES. SOMETHING PEOPLE STILL HAVENíT LEARNED.
WAR AND ABUSE MAKE ME HURT FOR THE WORLD.
BUT A RESCUE THAT MAKES THE NEWS GIVES ME HOPE FOR MANKIND.

WE ARE A QUIET BUT DETERMINED ARMY AND WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE EVERY DAY.

THERE IS NOTHING MORE NECESSARY THAN WARMING AN ORPHAN.
NOTHING MORE REWARDING THAN SAVING A LIFE, NO HIGHER RECOGNITION THAN WATCHING THEM THRIVE.

THERE IS NO GREATER JOY THAN SEEING A BABY PLAY WHO ONLY DAYS AGO WAS TOO WEAK TO EAT.

BY THE LOVE OF THOSE WHO IíVE BEEN PRIVILEGED TO RESCUE I HAVE BEEN RESCUED.

I KNOW WHAT TRUE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE REALLY IS FOR IíVE SEEN IT SHINING IN THE EYES OF SO MANY GRATEFUL FOR SO LITTLE.

I AM AN ANIMAL RESCUER. MY WORK IS NEVER DONE. MY HOME IS NEVER QUIET. MY WALLET IS ALWAYS EMPTYÖBUT MY HEART IS ALWAYS FULL.

My boy Bailey is set to go to his new home on Saturday morning, i gave him a big love today as i'm working at the charity shop on Saturday so i can't get to say good bye Sad which i'm a little sad about, I was there when he came over to us from another rescue and i picked his name, he has been with us for 8 months and truly deserves this home. he's off to a fantastic home and a fantastic life with a lovely couple. Be good Bailey boy!

Back to top Go down

Re: My job is to Assist all God's creatures

Post by john_hanson on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Bravo Julie! Well said on all counts, and best of luck to Bailey. He really is a lucky boy to be going to such a wonderful new home Smile
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-03

http://www.johnhansonphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My job is to Assist all God's creatures

Post by GRAHAME on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:28 pm

LOVE THE POEM

GRAHAME